We are delighted to report that Due Process has garnered 3 more Mid-Atlantic Emmy nominations. Success in all 3 categories would bring our number of wins - in New York and Philadelphia - to an unprecedented 24 Emmys (and more than 85 nominations)!
Our 2013 nominated programs, all aired on NJTV, are:
- Outstanding Talk/Discussion Series, featuring excerpts from 3 Due Process programs:
- "Eyewitnesses" and their fallibility in criminal cases.
- "The Making of Lee Boyd Malvo" and how an abused and abandoned teenager - now serving life in solitary - became the younger DC sniper.
- "Slavery and Lincoln" - on the 16th President's path from racist to Great Emancipator
- Outstanding Interview/Discussion Program:
- "After Newtown," a look at the aftermath of the Connecticut school massacre that shocked the world and put gun control back on this country's front burner.
- Outstanding Education Program Feature:
- "The Anti-Bullying Bill of Rights," exploring both sides of the ongoing debate over New Jersey legislation, which launched the toughest anti-bullying program in the country.
Ceremonies for the Mid-Atlantic Chapter of the National Association of Television Arts and Sciences are scheduled for Sept. 7 in Philadelphia.
Wish us luck!
Sandy and Raymond
Due Process is a production of Rutgers School of Law - Newark and the Edward J. Bloustein School of Planning and Public Policy with studio facilities provided by the Rutgers iTV Studio, Division of Continuing Studies.
Major funding for Due Process is provided by The Fund for New Jersey and Rutgers, The State University.
Watch Our Programs On-line On:
Our Website: www.dueprocesstv.rutgers.edu
And on Our YouTube Channel:
We'd be grateful if you'd become a "fan" of Due Process.
or follow us on Twitter